- Delivery Method Online
- Professional Certificate
- 24hrs Suggested Study Time
- 8 Weeks Access
- Tutor Support
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- 2516 Students
What's it all about?
The ability to create humor is a skill many people don't have, yet wish they did. If you're interested in learning how to come up with jokes or witticisms on the fly, punch up dull material for an audience, or make a living as a comedy writer, this course will get you going.
Your instructor, an experienced comedy writer and working actress, will guide you through a wide range of comedic sources. You'll learn how to write a one-liner, use physical humor, target your audience, find the humor in everyday events and much, much more.
Once you've learned some of the methods of creating humor, you'll be ready to apply it to all aspects of your life. Punch up speeches and presentations so that the audience is instantly on your side. Mix laughter with learning in the classroom, and watch your students' attention spans grow. Add some humor to your web page and watch the hits explode as word gets out. Use your newfound sense of humor to entertain your friends, meet interesting people, and even make new friends!
For the aspiring comedy writer, there are invaluable techniques for finding the methods that work consistently and without the worries of whims, moods or blocks. There is even a section on marketing your humor, giving you the inside information you'll need to find your niche.
Learning should be fun, and this course is no exception. Filled with opportunities to laugh as you learn, "Get Funny" promises an entertaining and informative six weeks.
Courses are delivered to you through expertly executed lessons, online instruction and interaction with like-minded students. Our courses are designed to deliver all of the benefits of studying in a classroom whilst giving you the flexibility to study at a time and place to suit your needs. You can access your classroom 24/7 from any device with an internet connection.
New sessions of each course start monthly and last for six weeks. You’ll gain access to two lessons a week (for a total of 12 lessons) helping you pace your learning. There are no set times for you to study, you can log in and out within the 8 week access period at any time and complete the course at your own pace. Your expert tutor will guide and facilitate your course, answering any questions you have and providing guidance and feedback. You’ll complete comprehensive lessons, quizzes and assignments before submitting your final exam at the end of the course to achieve your certificate.
Session start dates are listed below. Has the start date already passed? Don’t worry, you can join a class up to 2 weeks after the start date!
- 15 July
- 12 August
- 16 September
- 14 October
Who's the instructor?
- Lesson 1- The History of Comedy. A capsule review of comedy's roots, or 'I betcha there were some really funny Cro-Magnons.'
- Lesson 2- Observation. 'It's funny because it's true.' Honing your powers of observation is the first step toward sharpening your wit.
- Lesson 3- The Unexpected & Joke Construction. Now that you've observed reality, you need to learn to look at the world sideways, and apply that knowledge.
- Lesson 4- Absurdity & Exaggeration. These are time-tested and wonderful sources of comedy. Absurdity is about finding your inner strangeness. Exaggeration is a major source of comedy. Really. It's HUGE.
- Lesson 5- Low humor, mean humor, sexual innuendo, bathroom humor -- let's face it, they're all really easy. But do you need these crutches? Heck yeah.
- Lesson 6- Pop Culture, or If I See One More Brady Bunch Reference, I'm Going to Throw a Football At Your Nose. Pop culture is a humorists' best friend.
- Lesson 7- Visual humor. Good sight gags are tougher than you'd think. It's important to learn how to communicate without words.
- Lesson 8- Satire, Parody and Sarcasm. Why think up original material when there's so much stuff out there you can just make fun of?
- Lesson 9- Improvisation. Nothing hones your wit and pumps up those comic reflexes like improv.
- Lesson 10- Using Humor in Your Life. There are countless ways to use your humor every day.
- Lesson 11- Comedy Writing. You know how to be funny, now let's apply it.
- Lesson 12- Marketing your brilliance. Now that you're a comic genius, you have an opportunity to cash in!
What do others think?
The Learning Environment
From the moment that you enrol in Be Funny! you will become an integral part of our learning community. You will experience the perks of classroom studies such as chatting by the water cooler or sharing your opinion on a specific task, all in your own home.
Tutor support during your learning is flawless, friendly and encouraging. You will learn from your professional tutor who is not only knowledgeable and highly skilled but is a passionate industry expert. Our ethos is that if you succeed, we succeed. As with any studies, learning can be intense, yet you will soon realise that your hard work and commitment will be both personally and professionally rewarding.
Ready to get started?Enrol Now
Why Choose Vibe Learning?
Learn Your Way
We understand that everyone works at their own pace and no two students are the same. That's why when you study with Vibe Learning we provide you with all the study guidelines, tools and support you need but leave you to set the pace. You are free to complete your assessments when and where you want.
We don't break the bank
With Vibe Learning we believe that education should be accessible to anyone who wants to learn. That's why we offer some of the most competitive prices in the industry. Investing in your future is a smart choice and doesn’t have to break the bank. Whether you choose our money saving upfront prices or flexible payment plans, studying is accessible to you.
You'll get the personal attention you deserve
We are real people, providing real support every step of the way. When you study with Vibe Learning, you'll benefit from learning from professional, knowledgeable and most of all passionate industry experts.
Reap the rewards sooner rather than later
We offer a range of options from short 6 week courses through to extensive 12 month courses. Whatever your personal or professional goals, studying online with Vibe Learning provides a rewarding life changing experience which is well within your reach.
Learn real life skills
We don’t profess to know everything about every industry. That's why, when we write a course we work with industry experts who do know everything! Before delivering a course we make sure that the following boxes have big green ticks in them;
- The course is industry Current
- The course is Relevant to our students
- The course is Engaging and delivers outcomes